2 under 2 and Pregnant… Here’s how I maintain my sanity
So I’m not going to lie life with 2 under 2 and being pregnant again is bloody hard work and some days I really don’t feel like doing anything, but I try and do these things daily! Routine helps a lot with two babies, and I can manage to fit some time in for my blog and for me!
Here are my tips…
- Get dressed, for me it feels like I am starting the day properly, and don’t get me wrong some days this just doesn’t happen and would rather stay in my comfies! But I try…~
- No TV. I try and either switch the TV off completely or switch over to the music channel or the news just so that I don’t have to listen to any more kids TV. Lets face it how many of us can actually listen to kids songs over and over again, day in day out without losing our minds!~
- Lunch time. This is a big part of my daily routine and I like to eat my lunch while the kids are having theirs, which is easier now that they feed themselves. When baby number three arrives I am going to try and keep this the same, this may mean tweaking the routine a little!~
- Quiet time – if you saw my post Peace and Quiet – Not with 2 under 2! then you will know that I do like some peace and quiet. Now this doesn’t always happen in the day, but I am starting to encourage quite time at around 6.30pm just before my babies go to bed. Then once they are in bed I tidy up downstairs and sit with a HOT cup of tea and put my feet up!~
- Currently trailing a 20/20 rule with my babies. I spend 20 minutes playing with them and then encourage 20 minutes of independent play. While they are playing on their own I can get some things done like a load of washing or making meals, even the odd cup of HOT tea. Going well so far and it means in the evening they have my undivided attention if they need it!
Does anyone else have some tips on maintaining your sanity with kids?
Please note that is post may contain affiliate links. I make a small commission if you purchase through that link. No extra cost to you, thank you for supporting what I do.